Caitlin's Blog About Moving From Seattle to New York, VIA Chicago and Guatemala

See title.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

yo quebro cosas

so last sunday was spent hanging out in San Pedro, eating at some of the many fine restaurantes here (we are not fed on Sundays by our host families), saying goodbye to friends, and breaking sinks. Es verdad.

I was using the bathroom in one of my favorite places to get mint tea, Munchies. (they use real whole mint leaves! mmmmm...) I stood up, pulled back the curtain (yes, this particular place only had a curtain protecting me from the outside world), and stepped out, intending to step into the small room next door in order to wash my hands. I forgot about a tiny step, tripped, tried to break my fall by putting my hands in the sink, and instead knocked the sink off the wall and onto the ground where it broke into a billion pieces.

But why, Caitlin? Was your fall really hard? No, no. The sink was only attached to the wall and the water pipe with duct tape. Yep. Duct tape.

Sigh. so I´m hoping my insurance will cover the $40 a new sink will cost them. I would also like to point out that it took them about 3 whole days to get me a receipt and letter explaining the accident. It´s like these people don´t WANT my money! sheesh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home