Caitlin's Blog About Moving From Seattle to New York, VIA Chicago and Guatemala

See title.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Meeting Hero #2

I didn't realize it at the time, but I met my other Chicago hero earlier this week, too. MySpace Layouts
The Neo-Futurists are, in my opinion, one of the most interesting theater troupes in the country. (http://www.neofuturists.org/) While seeing a play of theirs at the Northlight Theater in Chicago, I had the good fortune to be introduced by the artistic director of that theater, BJ Jones.
"I hear there's a Steitzer in this row." he says. Dad has directed him years before, and according to BJ, they were "free minute phone friends" to this very day. So Dad had called and alerted BJ to my presence (btw- BJ? Your name is really BJ? A theater guy named BJ? oh man....), and I met this guy, and it was nice. As I was leaving, BJ introduced me to the director of the Neo-Futurist show, Greg Allen. I didn't realize at the time that Greg Allen was the founder of the Neo-Futurists.
So that was awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home